Outfit inspiration. Ivy style.
Sometimes, you just need to take a moment to flex your creativity, plan an outfit you may never wear, dig through your closet to find pieces you love that you forgot you even had.
Getting into outfit planning – mixing colors and basic blocks – is a fun way to help me shake things up, keep me from always grabbing the same clothes over and over. Sometimes you create outfits to inspire others, sometimes you do it for you. The “Weejun’s Closet” series – it’s going to be a little bit of both.
So yes, you will see repeats of Hutton products featured in these posts. Creative ways I think up to style our classic Type 01 desert boots and our Hutton Playtime – some that are unique colourations and even the rare, limited edition Sprint Runs not many have in their closets.
Yes, you’ll also see repeats of my favourite staples often – jeans, chinos, watches, belts, even some shirts that I can’t live without.
Some I’ll end up wearing for the day, making a feature on one of my “out for a walk” posts on my Instagram, others I’ll forget about until I browse through old posts and decide I’d actually like to wear that outfit I planned eons ago.
Who’s to say. But I thought this would be a fun project, and once I started outfit planning, I reckoned I could easily put dozens and dozens of outfits together. It’s creative, it’s cathartic, it’s fun.
Featured in This Combo
- Shirt : Deadstock Troy Shirtmakers Guild for The Claymore Shop (still around!) in ‘Rhododendron’
- Jacket: J.Keydge Seersucker slack jacket (2016 edition, wider seersucker 2015)
- Pants: J.Crew Cotton Gray Heather flat front (circa 2015)
- Desert boots: Deadstock Hutton Type 01 Ltd Edition Black Sand 2017 w/tag
- Watches: YEMA Flygraf 1970 & YEMA Rallygraf ‘Formica’ Chronograph 1975
- Glasses/Sunglasses: Bausch & Lomb Ray Ban Aviator Made in USA
Ray Ban Olympian Luxe reissue (Paddle sides)
DITA New Yorker
- Watch straps: Deadstock 20mm Tropic strap in royal blue
Replica 1970s YEMA strap handmade by Two Stitch Straps
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.