Outfit inspiration. Ivy style.
Sometimes, you just need to take a moment to flex your creativity, plan an outfit you may never wear, dig through your closet to find pieces you love that you forgot you even had.
Getting into outfit planning – mixing colors and basic blocks – is a fun way to help me shake things up, keep me from always grabbing the same clothes over and over. Sometimes you create outfits to inspire others, sometimes you do it for you. The “Weejun’s Closet” series – it’s going to be a little bit of both.
So yes, you will see repeats of Hutton products featured in these posts. Creative ways I think up to style our classic Type 01 desert boots and our Hutton Playtime – some that are unique colourations and even the rare, limited edition Sprint Runs not many have in their closets.
Yes, you’ll also see repeats of my favourite staples often – jeans, chinos, watches, belts, even some shirts that I can’t live without.
Some I’ll end up wearing for the day, making a feature on one of my “out for a walk” posts on my Instagram, others I’ll forget about until I browse through old posts and decide I’d actually like to wear that outfit I planned eons ago.
Who’s to say. But I thought this would be a fun project, and once I started outfit planning, I reckoned I could easily put dozens and dozens of outfits together. It’s creative, it’s cathartic, it’s fun.
Featured in This Combo
- Shirt : Red White Micro Puppy Tooth Sero The Purist from O’Connells deadstock
- Chukka boots: Hutton Type 01 in Acorn Sand
- Jacket: J Keydge Light Tan (part of a suit but the pants no longer fit)
- Chinos: Amazon Basics Stone
- Glasses Persol 714 Folding Dark Havana w/ blue OEM lenses
- Watch: Yema Rallygraf ‘Formica’
- Watch strap: Yema replica hand made by Two Stitch Straps